Are you struggling with a home screen that is too big? Here’s how to resize it for a better fit.
Adjust Screen Resolution
To adjust the screen resolution on your computer, follow these steps. First, right-click on the desktop and select Display settings from the context menu. Then, under Display resolution, use the drop-down list to choose a resolution that suits your needs. Keep in mind that lowering the resolution will make everything on the screen appear larger, while increasing the resolution will make everything appear smaller.
After selecting the desired resolution, apply the changes and check if the home screen is now the right size. If not, you can try adjusting the resolution again until you find the perfect fit. It’s important to note that changing the resolution may affect the quality of the images and text on your screen, so be mindful of that.
If you’re using a Mac, you can adjust the screen resolution by going to System Preferences > Displays and selecting the appropriate resolution from the list. Again, make sure to apply the changes and check if the home screen is now the right size.
Update Display Driver
To resize your home screen if it’s too big, you may need to update your display driver. First, check the manufacturer’s website for the latest driver for your graphics card. Once downloaded, right-click on the Windows Start button and select “Device Manager.” Expand the “Display adapters” category, right-click on your graphics card, and select “Update driver.” Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” and then “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.” Select the new driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
After updating the driver, restart your computer and check if the home screen is now the correct size. If not, right-click on the desktop and select “Display settings.” Adjust the “Scale and layout” to a lower percentage and click “Apply.” You can also try changing the screen resolution to a lower setting.
If these steps don’t work, you may need to consult a professional or consider other factors such as the type of monitor or any recent software updates that could be affecting the display.
Resize Icons and Taskbar
- Right-click on an empty space on the home screen.
- Select View from the dropdown menu.
- Choose Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons to resize the icons.
- To resize the taskbar, right-click on an empty space on the taskbar.
- Select Taskbar settings from the menu.
- Adjust the Taskbar size using the slider or by selecting Use small taskbar buttons.
Disable Zoom Features
1. First, go to your home screen and locate an empty area or an app icon.
2. Press and hold on the screen until the icons start to wiggle.
3. Look for a minus button in the corner of the screen and tap on it to disable the zoom feature.
4. If you have a device with a scroll wheel or a touchpad, you can also use it to decrease the size of the icons on your home screen.
5. Another option is to go to the Settings app on your device and look for the Display & Brightness option.
6. From there, you can adjust the display resolution to resize the icons on your home screen.